New! Crafterella's new page, comic and Instax contest!

Camano Island Washington United States 0 projects

Find me on:
· Other

by Amanda T.

1. Posted

Community » Issues

Suicidal Friend

Started · Last post ·
    I have had many friends like this... and really... since there is always that chance that ignoring him could change him from just saying it to doing it... I would really suggest finding him some help. Go show a counciler the messages and they will talk to him and help him find the help he needs... sure he may want nothing to do after that but you won't have to deal with his calls/texts and he might get the help he needs.
  2. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Gift Ideas?

Felt

Started · Last post ·
    I buy mine at a few places... Walmart has packs of 15 for what adds up to about 23 cents each... but I go to Jo-ann or Michaels for more colors and pay about 30 cents a sheet.
  3. Posted

Entertainment » Geeky

kawaii overload right here

Started · Last post ·
  4. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Never Worn Makeup

Started · Last post ·
    The mascara actually made a lot bigger difference than I thought it would! And I found some pink tinted lip balm that looks great too... so I'm off to a good start I think! And since I never wear makeup it adds that extra bit of what I was hoping for for Christmas dinner tonight with my fiance's family. Hopefully I can go pick up some eyeshadow to mess with with my christmas money.
  5. Posted

GAUGES AGAIN!!!!

Started · Last post ·
    Hmm... my dad almost never has that issue. He does clean them a lot... and changes the earrings often. Every once and a while he has that issue and cleaning with hydrogen peroxide usually takes care of it. You just have to be sure to clean your ears as well as the earrings (which most people forget) and you should be fine.
  6. Posted

Craft » Sewing

Help a Newbie Fix Her Sewing?

Started · Last post ·
    Well, I'm pretty new to sewing and so far I've been attempting plushes and keychains and such... but I'm encountering the same problem with everything I do. I assume it is because I don't really know different stitches and such... but whenever I flip my projects to stuff them you can see the stitching all the way around. On some it looks totally cute but on others it looks messy... also, is there some kind of trick to sewing up that last bit after you stuff?
  7. Posted

GAUGES

Started · Last post ·
    Skipping sizes is okay as long as you don't skip too many... you don't want to force it too much or it'll just hurt and won't be worth it. My dad is really into this kind of thing and had me doing mine for a little before I decided I didn't really like it on myself.
  8. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Never Worn Makeup

Started · Last post ·
    Well, honestly, my skin isn't as nice as it used to be. I have quite a few red spots etc that I would like to try and cover up. I'm going shopping Thursday to pick up a few things... figured mascara would be a good idea... what about eye shadows and lip sticks? Any suggestions for those? I did order the sample foundation pack from everyday minerals and I'll see how that looks. I really just need something light... I know my mom always looked like she was painting her face before she left. >_<
  9. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Your Blogs?

Started · Last post ·
    I've been looking for a thread like this for a while but haven't found any outside of the website thread but I was more looking for specifically blogs.

Do you have a blog? Personal or just a crafting one? I just started one up to blog about my crafting adventures as a new crafter learning about the world of different crafts. Link me to your blogs, especially crafting ones! Mine is http://memitaru.blogspot.com/ and anyone that feels like following it and commenting/giving tips and advice is more than welcome!
  10. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Craft Challenges

The letter game.

Started · Last post ·
    ball
  11. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Never Worn Makeup

Started · Last post ·
    Thanks for all the great tips! I was thinking I'd try some of that stuff from http://www.everydayminerals.com/ and see how that works to start... those sample packs look like they'll be nice to help me find the right shade.
  12. Posted

Craft » General

The "Vouge" Crafts. What you think of crafter that follow trends??

Started · Last post ·
    Well... for every group of people that are trend crafting... there are a few that get really into it... stick with it. I know personally I got into crafting because of my grandma... but I have friends and siblings that started out with Scrapbooking or Knitting because it was popular... and now they make amazing projects of all kinds! I mean... a lot of people wouldn't even think to craft if someone hadn't shown them how neat it was!
  13. Posted

Community » Issues

Need advice on family issue

Started · Last post ·
    Well, the problem is that you only really get one family... and you don't get to pick them. By not talking to your mother you are both hurting her and yourself. You can't make her decide... and trying to force her is going to hurt her more. All you can really do is try and get her to understand how toxic the relationship really is... either that or try and talk to your sister.
  14. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Never Worn Makeup

Started · Last post ·
    How do I figure out what shade of foundation I need?
  15. Posted

Community » Issues

OMG Cats... WHYYY D:

Started · Last post ·
    I've been making them toys, they just tear them apart faster than I can make them! lol. Though, with xmas coming up, giant bells are really cheap so I've been giving them tons of bells to roll around.
  16. Posted

Community » Issues

OMG Cats... WHYYY D:

Started · Last post ·
    Well, they used to do okay but now it is cold and they don't want to go outside anymore to play.
  17. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Swap Shop

swap ideas for 2011

Started · Last post ·
    I'm a newbie but totally into the idea of swapping...

Some that I would love to see/join...

-Sushi/Food Swap
    -Harry Potter Swap
    -Pokemon Swap
    -Any kind of anime Swap really
    -Tea Swap
    -Inchies swap
    -Papercraft Swap
    -Pet Swap

All of those I would join in a heartbeat!
  18. Posted

Craft » Dressmaking

Santa Custume for Kitten

Started · Last post ·
    I have a bunch of 4 month old kittens... four of them. My siblings are coming over and my sister is always telling me stories about one of my kittens working with Santa... so my plan was to dress one in a little felt Santa costume and maybe give the others little Santa hats when my sis comes to visit. Any ideas on the easiest way to make a simple felt Santa outfit for some kittens? My little cat Itchy, the one that would wear the costume, already loves the little dog snuggie I put on him so he would quit crawling under my blankets so I know he won't mind the outfit... just need to make sure it fits him well and looks cute.
  19. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Never Worn Makeup

Started · Last post ·
    I'm 22 and I've never worn makeup. I grew up with my mom and my brother and mom never really showed me how to wear makeup since she was working so much... didn't teach me about hair... any of that. I do the typical wear my hair in a pony tail thing instead of doing anything with it... but that will be my next project.

Now... I've never worn or purchased makeup, but after some job interviews it has been pointed out to me that most people consider going without makeup for work/interviews to be unprofessional. Not to mention I've always wanted to learn.

Anyone got some simple tips/instructions on how and what makeup to buy and how to apply it for work and casual dates?
  20. Posted

Community » Issues

OMG Cats... WHYYY D:

Started · Last post ·
    They just dumped my chocolate on the ground and pulled the bows off the christmas presents too >_<
  21. Posted

Community » Issues

OMG Cats... WHYYY D:

Started · Last post ·
    I have four kittens... they are about 4 months old. They were feral kittens and me and my fiance rescued them... there is plenty of room for them to run around and stuff so usually they hide out away from people... until I start to sew. Then they are right there all over me. Yesterday I was working on a Christmas present for a friend and without me realizing it they got ahold of my thread... a whole spool of white thread, my only one, ruined and spread everywhere! And then when I woke up... they had knocked my DS off the shelf and chewed the charging cord in half! >_< I love them but they drive me crazy sometimes!
  22. Posted

The letter game.

Started · Last post ·
    dull
  23. Posted

pillow stuffing

Started · Last post ·
    One thing though, this time of year most fabric sales are having a sale on stuff like "Buffalo Snow" and other stuffing meant to be used as decorative fake snow... from what I can tell it is exactly like the stuff I normally use... I got a bunch of it for like $2-3 for a huge bag that normally cost me $10.
  24. Posted

Newbie Vs. Vet Swap (NEW)

Started · Last post ·
    Looks like I'll be swapping with Essex Debs. =D Time to get to work making the items!
  25. Posted

Buying Felt? Crafting on a Budget

Started · Last post ·
    Didn't think of the dollar tree! I'll have to check there... thinner felt would be fine for the clothing on the dolls I'm making.

And ya... when I went to walmart they only had four colors... black, white, red, and green... and some multipacks that were missing most the colors I need. I tried Jo-Ann Fabrics and got a few sheets for 32 cents each... I'll have to check Michaels around here and check their color selection! Jo-Ann was having a great sale on stuffing. I got a huge bag for $3.
  26. Posted

Newbie Vs. Vet Swap (NEW)

Started · Last post ·
    Swapping seems like a lot of fun! I'm still a newbie crafter but I'm making some cute felt things and starting to dabble in knitting so I'm sure I could make some totally cute things for whoever I ended up swapping with!

CO+K Name: Amanda T.
    Can you ship internationally? Yes
  27. Posted

Community » Issues

Creeper called "gift"

Started · Last post ·
    Seems to be working now! I had the same problem and then it just showed up.
  28. Posted

Buying Felt? Crafting on a Budget

Started · Last post ·
    Thanks! I was gonna check out the 2nd hand stores today... see if I can find some felt, fabric, and a few pairs of small cute jeans. I was gonna make some of those cute jean purses for my little sisters with some felt plush cute things in them.
  29. Posted

The letter game.

Started · Last post ·
    bolt
  30. Posted

Community » Issues

Creeper called "gift"

Started · Last post ·
    I got a similar message on my profile a bit after signing up.

Hello
    My name is Miss jesical,i saw your profile today and after going through it, i fill more interested to contact you ,i will like you to please send me an email at my email address via (jesicalbaby1@yahoo.com) for me to send you my pics and to tell you more about me. then from here we can move on.I will be waiting for your reply on my email address above.thanks
    jesical .via(jesicalbaby1@yahoo.com)