New! Enter our Secret Santa Christmas contest now »

Wellington Wellington New Zealand 1 project

Find me on:

by Emily

1. Posted

Craft » Knitting

Learning to Knit

Started · Last post ·
    Hey i have a suggestion. If your anything like me ( impatient C: ) then you should try using quite big needles to start with. you see your work growing really quickly and if you start on small needles it feels like it takes forever and gets nowhere. Good luck!!!
  2. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Craft Challenges

Most Favorite out of all Favorites

Started · Last post ·
    Alice In Wonderland Necklace
    by Javabean

It is ownage in a bottle on a necklace :D
  3. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Hair dye beginner

Started · Last post ·
    Thanks so much!!
    Yea i want to dye it myself, in my tiny as bathroom >< lol i really cant afford to get my hairdresser to do it and as i live in a smallish town the only hairdresser open 5 days a week is not that good.(everyone i know seems to know a hairdresser personally) im so scared now eeeeee.
    also if i'm dying my whole head what about my eyebrows? do i dye them as well???
    ill probably try something like unusual colors in my fringe first so if it geos wrong noone but me will know what it was supposed to look like. how easy is it to just do part?
    Yea i think i will use a semi im not sure what colors i can get here though.
    bleh cant wait to leave home!! okay this week ill have a look in the warehouse n the chemists n ill see what i can get. if there isnt anything good i probably will chicken out....
    X.X Scary
  4. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Hair dye beginner

Started · Last post ·
    I really want to start dying my hair. I have no idea where to start, what product to use, how to look after dyed hair or anything. EEk. Any advice? My hairs dark so will all colours work? how do i choose what color?
  5. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Swap Shop

Paper for Fabric?

Started · Last post ·
    hey tara do you need scrap paper? like paper thats been used on one side only?
  6. Posted

Paper for Fabric?

Started · Last post ·
    hey tara do you need scrap paper? like paper thats been used on one side only?
  7. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Gift Ideas?

I need help with a necklace

Started · Last post ·
    Glue. Thats the only way that i could work easily. map out the figure 8 shapes n work out where each bead will go then hot glue them together, the other bits you'll prolly have to simplify and for those you can find how tos on here. Trial and error basicly.
    Good Luck if your really determined.
  8. Posted

Badass Alice

Started · Last post ·
    Yea i read that site and it does seem a bit math intensive X< i do enough of that at high school!! yea i think ill probly either sew it onto elasic straight out OR i could cut it up n do what they do on here n tie a whole lot of strips on to some elastic. i think this might be less bulky around the waist/hips. Meh depends on the top .... thats the bit im totally clueless about lol i wont have much time soon (i leave for Japan this time tomoz :D) but ill be thinking bout it lawl. let me know what you come up with.
  9. Posted

Bikini Help!!

Started · Last post ·
    It would be a good idea to follow the shape of the side seam, like if its curved kepp the same curve just move it in, dont change a curved seam to a straight one and vice versa. Also make sure you take in the same amount on each side. Other than that, taking in the side seams should fix it.
  10. Posted · Edited

Badass Alice

Started · Last post ·
    :D Louise thank you so much this is my first costume ever so that means alot !! your ideas sound amazing and i cant wait for the how to. i dont need it urgently but i just like mapping everything out in my head before i get started (silly perfectionist genes) Id love some help working out a pattern i was going to make a simple as tutu for the bottom but now im rethinking that X.X As i said this is my first costume so any experience will be sooo helpful ( i keep having ideas then bout 2 hours later working out that they dont fit with the alice in wonderland thing at all XD)
    Yea sparrow im trying to read up as much as i can on Alice and Alice fanfics etc... im getting good ideas for accessories but im not sure how easy it will be to tel that im alice, thats my biggest problem EEEE scary.
    I wont be at home for the next two weeks so no hurry on the how to but you can be sure that whenever i can access a pc ill be trolling COAK (im kinda obsessed) im def going to make a classic black bow headband, thats my only "locked in" item XD.
  11. Posted

Badass Alice

Started · Last post ·
    Im going to make an alice in wonderland costume. Anyone got a picture or design for a small apron-ish thing and any ideas for the top half of the dress?? Instead of white im going to use black because thats just so much more awesome :D Any help is appreciated.
  12. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

What does your name mean?

Started · Last post ·
    Emily Mere Harris ...

lawl boring name XD

Emily - To Strive Or Excel Or Rival
    Mere - Maori for Mary so..
    Mary - Sea Of Bitterness ( wow )
    Harris - To shine or Home Ruler
  13. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Alice costume :D

Started · Last post ·
    yea ive had alook at the drink me pendants and im DEFINATLY going to make one of those :D. I REALLY dont want to make a blue dress and white apron, unless it was in a majorly harajuku-japanese-lolitaish way. i will probably make separates though as on athletics day it gets majorly hot and theres no shade at all . . . OOO brain wave :D (dont you just love those) ill decorate a parasol!!! mebe with matching lace (black or white im not sure yet) but if anyones had experience making a similar costume or even cosplay-costume any advice would be a BIG help.
  14. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Alice costume :D

Started · Last post ·
    I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how i could go about making an alice in wonderland costume for my schools athletics day. i realise that i could just make myself a blue dress and apron but i want it to be a bit more awesome than that. i was thinking a black and blue tutu with a black apron-ish thing?? i dont know really but if anyone could suggest something or point me in the direction of a how-to it would be much appreciated.
  15. Posted

Going Away Presents for New Friends

Started · Last post ·
    how about friendship bracelets? there are some kinds that look awesome and dont take long at all.
  16. Posted

Going Away Presents for New Friends

Started · Last post ·
    how about friendship bracelets? there are some kinds that look awesome and dont take long at all.
  17. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Craft Challenges

The letter game.

Started · Last post ·
    cramp
  18. Posted · Edited

sponsor a newcomer swap(need vets)

Started · Last post ·
    CoaK name: Alariana
    Newbie or Veteran: Newbie ;)

Im not sure if its possible for me to do this given where i live but im open to international swaps :D