Recent Posts by Melissa K.
Partner Name: Nora C.
Swap Name: Spooky Swap
Did your partner keep in communication with you?: yes!
Were rules of the swap adhered to? (send out date, number of items, etc):yes/no explain yes, yes, yes, Shipped them on the same day and we both received on the same day! Excelent Partner to have! :)
Hi Sheila, i have not read your snippets article (but i am going to) and I am not clear as to what exactly how you got hurt or if this is degeneration of the area (i am going to look it both up to understand) But you mentioned that it hurts to be touched...have you tried Reiki? I know you are in England and I dont know if it is big over there but i studied it (I'm a level 1)and it is healing without touch(energy healing)...check it out and see if it something that would help you!! Big healing hugs to you!!
Jeanette- thank you thank you thank you
SUG- you are too funny
1) You must have completed the newbie swap. ->check
2) You must have at least 5 projects listed under your profile.-> 36, check
3) You must have at least 50 board post. -> no idea but it's a lot, Zina you have 51 now, you are good YAY
4) You must keep in touch with your partner and when you are finish making your swap you need to contact your partner. If you do not hear from your partner within 5 days of contact, then please do not send out.-> ok, i always do-check
5) Do not join if you have flaked out on past swaps, unless you have a really good reason.-> not a flaker! check
About the swap:
Partners will decide what number of items they would like to make for each other.
1) Country: USA
2) Are you willing to post outside of your country? of course!
3) What are your favorite things about Halloween? that it's Halloween! The whole season is awesome, harvest, indian summer, pumpkins, hayrides, haunted houses, black cats, costumes, decorations, making jack o' lanterns, apple picking, scary movies...oh and THERE ARE TONS OF SKULLS TO ADD TO MY COLLECTION!!!!!
4) What do you dislike about Halloween? the stupid teenagers that are idiots and do stupid things like egg cars and TP houses and smash pumpkins...dummys
5) Is there anything that you donâ€™t want in your swap package? I'm happy with anything, if I'm not crazy about it, i give it to my daughter and she usually loves it!!!
NORA that is awesome!!! That fabric with the Skulls and Roses I bought this year to make a dress (uh yeah still working on it) I will post Nora's awesome stuff from the spooky swap today (i promise)
I agree with Deb, Dessah and Violetta- 1) do the Survey, 2)let the hostess know if there is a known flaker signing up 3) make sure your partner messages back before you send out... that way if you dont hear back your hostess can either pair you up with someone else(an Angel)Dessah and Debs- did you gals let your swap host know about this?
I will agree messaging is a little messed up lately but I check at least once a day and check the swap board too!
I dont know, i dont want to seem snotty but it hurts when you put so much work into something and the person totally flakes on you! :(
I've done nothing so far...(face palms) I've been trying to finish up my Skull swap first, but i have all sorts of supplies and have to keep remembering I'm sending to Laurel (looking for supplies i keep thinking of Sofi! hee hee):)
What an awesome idea Jeanette! Here I go:
1) What is your favorite thing about swapping? Making new things for someone that i am getting to know!
2) What is your least favorite thing about swapping? People who FLAKE out and send really LAME things
3) What was your favorite swap to make for? I'd have to say Tim Burton, the spooky swap and now the Skull swap! :) I'm weird like that!
4) What was your favorite swap to get? Your going to make me decide? eek, Um I plead the 5th, i love all of them!
5) What do you think is a perfect number of items to make for a swap? 5-7
6) How long do you think a swap should take? 2-4 weeks depending on difficulty!
7) Do you like to get items that were not hand crafted in the swap, like candy? Yes, but only if there is a couple of them...it's a craft swap!
8) What type of swap would you like to see in the future? The Halloween one again!
9) How often do you think swap partners should be in touch? As much as needed, i like making new friends and getting to know them!
10) What do you think is the best way to weed out the people who flake on a swap? I'll have to agree with Laurel, let everyone know that they are flakers, it's not fair to anyone! :(
or how about i send to Laurel, Laurel sends to Sparrow and Sparrow send to me (it's the same as above-LOL I'm in weird mood!! ) Yeah that works for me...i bought supplies yesterday...
Hey Cloudgurl, your on FB too?? *runs to go see if i can find her*
I'm so sorry that you are goin thru this... i too had lots of bleeding with my daughter (to the point that i thought i had miscarried) it was about 2 weeks worth also...12 years ago and she's fine!!!!! Let your body rest, PJ's and Ben&Jerry's is for you...do some crafting and try to take your mind off of it till your appt. I hope everything goes well you will be in my thoughts ((((HUGS))))
wholey crap-o-ly Sparrow!!! I was thinking that I need to read Wicked again (even tho I started to read Dead until Dark because all of you were talking about it on the spooky swap!)
Good thinking about the Steampunk!
I bought Katy Wizard of Oz and Return to Oz as well as the first 3 books for Christmas last year...I think i may have to sit and watch them!!!! I'm hoping that she might want to help with this swap...
oh and I love the zombie pic above! :)
NickName: Hugger or M
Age: 35 yeah I'm old
Parent of children or parent of cute and cuddly creatures: Mom of (1) 12y/o girl, (1) 5 y/o Black and white cat and (1) Cockatiel
type of materials you love to use in crafting: Paper, fabric, I'll try anything tho
least or just annoying materials to work with: none, i just deal with it
Hobby other than crafting: Photography
Favorite type of music: everything except Rap, country and Techno! I'd list all the bands but i would be here for a long time!
Favorite current tv show: Growing up Twisted (the only reality show i watch)
Favorite Current movie: Inception
What colors do you like: Black, purple, and green
What is your obssession: SKULLS
Dislike anything in pacticular: PINK
Dream Job: crafting and photographing
Current occupation: Quality inspector of gas turbine engines
do you perfer something sweet or salty for a snack: sweet
patterns or solids: solids unless it's skulls
if you like anime name your toon: none
do you perfer a nice quiet outing to the beach for a nice read or out with your pals at the nearest hot spot: beach!
finally explain your profile photo: taken at the top of Mt Washington in New Hampshire! :)
what about something that he liked (skateboarding, fishing -don't know so you fill in the blank) and his initials and dates! I don't know if you're religious - but with his being John, what about a saying from John? I'd give you one but I'm not religious!
I can't say I know what you're going thru but know that I'm here if you need to talk! And agree with the girls about joining an awareness group! I'm sure there is one near you!
Big hugs honey! We're here for you! :)