Hanover Niedersachsen DE 58 projects

Find me on:
· Website · Flickr

by So

1. Posted

Craft » Sewing

Making a Corset

Started · Last post ·
    I can only assume, you cut all parts of lining, interfacing and shell fabric, glue them together, sew the seams and sew on the bone casings on top of the seam allowances. At least i know that there is such a workmanship even though i didn´t heard of that double-sided glue interfacing yet. Where did you get it and what´s the name? :)
  2. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Tattoos

Started · Last post ·
    i have one and a sixth currently ;) The first was really small, i have four bats flying behind my right ear. The second one is still in progress, my first appointment was last week, five more will follow till june 2013. At the moment i have two roses at my upper back/shoulder blades, one looks like it´s roughly drawn with pencil and has antlers, the other one is shaded really fine on one half and fades out to a "join-the-dots" game on the other half. Inbetween is a lot of shading and some more bats flying. It took three and a half hours to make it and i have to say i was surprised it didn´t hurt more! i was relieved when it was over because the last ten minutes it started getting worse, but it wasn´t really bad at all! What was really annoying was that foil you get afterwards and that it was permanently itching for a week...
    A lot of clients of my tattoo artist use an anesthesia balm (don´t know if that´s the real term for it) that makes the skin numb for some time so they can handle it better and he can work a bit longer. maybe that´ll help?
  3. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

New Site

Started · Last post ·
    woooow!!! when i entered the site i was like whats up here?! it´s great!!!! so many new things to discover! you did a really great job!!
    did you add something for notifications later or did you dismissed that idea? or i didn´t relocate it yet?!
  4. Posted

Community » Issues

Friend Request not Showing

Started · Last post ·
    glad to read i´m not alone :D
    pinkweeds, i agree with you about the notification thing, i also think it should include comments! I answered the recent newsletter and included that on my (short) list, maybe it will be appreciated :)
  5. Posted

Community » Issues

Friend Request not Showing

Started · Last post ·
    haha, oh my, you just solved the question i had in my head for some time now! i just wondered why i don´t get anymore friend requests, so after reading this i went to that page and i had a ton of unaccepted requests from so many people!! i´m so sorry that i didn´t accept them earlier but i simply didn´t know about them. as you all said, there was no little red number next to the friends button...
  6. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Anyone watching the euro cup?

Started · Last post ·
    i watch the games with germany involved, but since they don´t play very well or in other words the games are sometimes really boring, i´m happy we watch it with friends and/or family! It´s thousand times better than watching alone or just with my boyfriend!
    Most times we have a barbecue before the game starts. The boys are sitting right in front of the tv and scream a lot, getting angry with players, with the referee, with the coach etc... i´m always sitting with the ladies :D we watch the first minutes and start chatting and drink prosecco with strawberries after a while :D though we´ll be happy when germany scores!!
    i really enjoyed the games of the spain national team last world cup, but i have the feeling that several big teams lack creativity and enthusiasm this euro!
    what i can´t stand is the hype here in germany, nearly everything edible you can buy is shaped like a football or has at least a name referring to the euro!! and i don´t like the cars that are decorated with a thousand flags or the fans that block the main road by sitting on it because germany won and now you can sit on the road and the police is standing nearby taking photos of it...
  7. Posted

Social » City Guides

Ist jemand aus Deutshland da?

Started · Last post ·
    yes :D
  8. Posted

Entertainment » Fashion

Studded Leggings?

Started · Last post ·
    haha, i made the black and red striped dress!!! sorry, that i can´t add anything that helps, i was just excited to see my dress i made aaaages ago :D though, the suggestions look great, the draped-like, long tops that you can get everywhere right now (mean that in a positive way) are perfect for that!
  9. Posted

Craft » Dressmaking

How would I go about making this?

Started · Last post ·
    The lace that is used on the second one is stretchy, if yours is too, maybe you can just take a tank top and trace the pattern and draw in the dividing seam at front (if you like). the layer underneath is the same pattern, just crop the top off.
    if the lace doesn´t have these vertical embroideries you can attach a circle skirt or a half circle skirt.
  10. Posted

Craft » Sewing

How can I modify this t-shirt?!

Started · Last post ·
    well, it would work if rawr rawr wants the print to be upside down, margarita :D
    maybe have a look at whatthecraft.com, there are some cool things.
    does the shirt fit you around your hips? if so, you can cut of the sleeves and top and attach the upper part of another tank.
    i like Emmyann´s idea, i´ll try that :D and monika reminded me that i wanted to make an one-shoulder top... it never stops... :D
  11. Posted

Community » Issues

I don't understand the fake plugs...

Started · Last post ·
    do you want to tell me you can study piercing and that soon to be doctors have something like a course for it?! it´s not even a job that requires real training nor is it a degree or something!!!
    If you want to become a piercer you just have to declare yourself as one, go to a studio and ask for it or if you wanna own a studio buy a trade licence!! If you want to become a good piercer you study the anatomy of the human body very well! The apprentices of my piercer even have tests, just written by my piercer but better than nothing.
    How many "accidents" do doctors do, they can also hit a nerve or something, you can read it nearly daily in newspapers, but piercers are more used to deal with certain nerves/veines in common piercing placements, i don´t say they´re flawless! I think doctors in "medical centres" have better and more important things to do than piercing someone. They don´t do it very often or if they do it more often i can imagine it´s because of financial reasons. also, they think they´re qualified for it because they have some degree and because they´re docotrs people think they´re trustworthy what makes it even more "dangerous" and for me in personal obnoxious to go there!
  12. Posted

Community » Issues

I don't understand the fake plugs...

Started · Last post ·
    don´t want to add fuel to the fire, but as a proud owner of four intact and "ready to go to normal when jewelry is gone" stretched earlobes i can only support miezekatze´s opinion.
    There´s a significant difference between professionals of medicine, phds and all people you mentioned, Dizzy, and a professional piercer! To go to a doctor for a piercing is the worst thing you could do because they know nothing about the process at all, they did not study "piercing", some declare bodymodification as something wrong, something unnecessarily done to the human body hence they will judge in a totally different way. If you want another, more concrete point: placement and jewelry issues, i´ve seen some people that went from a doctor straight to my piercer in hope she can rescue the disaster the doctor called piercing!
    To complete this, don´t do it if you don´t like it, be open for other opinions.
  13. Posted

Craft » Sewing

Sergers! Any techniques to share?

Started · Last post ·
    well, i never thought about any more special techniques you can do with a serger. you named the basic ones and if somebody on here knows any special things you can do with a serger i´m curious too!! the only thing i coud think of now, my machine has something like a fake coverlock stitch but i didn´t figure out how it works yet because everytime i try it, it finish the edge of the fabric but it is supposed to not sew the edge but in the middle of the fabric... btw, what is a ruffling foot? i never saw that, i ruffle with different tensions on the threads.
  14. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Happy Holidays! :D

Started · Last post ·
    thank you! and thank you too for starting this topic! i just had the same idea!!
    constanza nearly said it all, i also wish all of you a merry christmas or happy holidays!!
  15. Posted

Craft » Sewing

Sewing machine dropping stiches, any ideas why?

Started · Last post ·
    do you use the same type of thread for both top and lower thread? sometimes my sewing machines is "annoyed" because i used two different types and leaves out stitches. it can also happen that your neede size isn´t good with the thread, maybe the thread is too thick and the needle too thin or other way round.
  16. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Have you started your Christmas crafting yet?

Started · Last post ·
    well, i should´ve started but had no time for it. i wanna make some olly the owl keyring pendants and a shirt for my mother, maybe a knitting loom scarf. the other things i will buy and hope that i have more time for selfmade presents next year... :D
  17. Posted

Craft Chat & Swaps » Swap Shop

Tim Burton Themed Swap

Started · Last post ·
    as rawr.rawr said, dates and the general "volume" for the swap would be great, i really wanna take part in an official swap on here again but i´m a bit occupied by my graduation and need a bit of planning time! but by all means a great idea!
  18. Posted

Craft » General

Hamster nightmare !

Started · Last post ·
    oooh, it´s sad your dwarfy died!!!
    i rescued two dwarf hamsters one and a half year ago. they were kept as food for snakes so i couldn´t resist... they weren´t used to people, they only knew a hand that gave them some food and water. and i have to say that they didn´t get used to me too... we have to catch them with toilet paper rolls and put them in shoe boxes when we clean the cages and i was never allowed to touch them.
    one died this week, i was sooo sad, but she passed away quietly without suffering. the other one had a bad experience with cotton batting once and lost a foot, but she´s vital and as quick as before that happened.
    it´s sad that your dwarf don´t wanna get touched, maybe you´re right and it just needs time, but i think liz is quite right too when it comes to personalities. all people i know who had different "sorts" of hamsters (including me) said that the dwarf ones are hard to tame and they just let them on their owns. but please don´t worry, even if you aren´t allowed to touch you can make the life of this little creature happy!!! at least that was the phrase i told myself everytime and i know that they know me deep inside and are pleased when i come with food.
  19. Posted

Craft » Beauty

Tattoos & Piercing

Started · Last post ·
    monika :D the tongue web isn´t that pointless! i like the thought of an oyster xD and it "catches" the scale so i have anything on my teeth, just on the balls of the web piercing! but i agree, the first thing i thought was "it´s so stupid i have to have that"
    where are your ear piercings exactly? and what´s your fave? maybe i get inspired for my next one :D
  20. Posted

Community » Issues

My phobia stops me from doing things I want to do.. =[

Started · Last post ·
    please don´t do it by yourself!!! there are so many things that can go wrong, maybe there are some people that had luck and everything was fine, but the risk of a terrible infection, the wrong placement (not only because of gums or teeth can be, you can pierce through a vein or nerve) isn´t worth to do it. (that´s my opinion, i never understood people doing it on themselves (especially because of money))
    maybe you can go to a piercing parlor you feel comfortable with and ask if they can just show you the things they use, explain the process or if you can have a look when someone else is getting pierced (or tattooed)
    and be sure that tattoos and piercings can look great even your body won´t be the body of a 17 in some years...
  21. Posted

Craft » Art

Acrylic on a Bikini?

Started · Last post ·
    thank you felecity, i never saw fabric medium anywhere here, i think it´s something that you can ony buy in the internet here... and unfortunately i don´t own a machine that embroiders... :D i´ll have a go with acrylic paint and make a test on a similar poly jersey fabric.

and you new pic looks awesome!
  22. Posted

Craft » Art

Acrylic on a Bikini?

Started · Last post ·
    Can i use acrylic paint to paint a bikini top? I wanna add some bats, spirals or something, not the whole top. i know fabric paint won´t work because beachwear is normally made of synthetics (lycra, polyester etc.) so is my bikini. I painted polyester lining with acrylic paint before but it don´t have any contact with water and i don´t know what the acrylic will do if i go swimming (sea water).
    help is really appreciated as i will go on vacation on wednesday morning :)
  23. Posted

Community » Issues

today...i have to rant or i´ll explode!!

Started · Last post ·
    today is just one of these days that pissing me off so much it can´t be real.
    first, i went to pick up my journeyman´s piece and found my classmates complaining about how bad our school is and that they want better marks and another location for our final fashion show in march AGAIN!
    they know the date and the place of the show for almost a year, but now they want something different because we have to pay for it. i mean it´s not really cool to pay another 200€ for participating in the show because we already pay the school money every month, but it´s too late to mourn about the location and that a theatre doesn´t fit to some collections. they should´ve said something a year ago, they said they have but noone really cared about, but i have the feeling that they just wanna have some drama as always. first it was about our lessons that weren´t good enough, no it´s a location and in some weeks it will be something different again.
    then, someone from the school offered me a job in a company that search for help in the patternmaking section. i called there but the person couldn´t help me, but they wanted to call back, which they didn´t do. today, i called there again and got to the reliable person for patternmaking and she knew nothing about that offer. i should send my cv and they will look if they have some vacancies or need for help.
    after that, i sent my concept for my final collection to one of my teachers so she can read and correct it. i thought i really did a good job on that piece, took me a couple of days to write that and my other teacher said it was good, there were only missing some details, a few minutes ago i received an email back, saying that i probably missed to many lessons of her course because it is all rubbish however she will read it (what?!). so she didn´t read through but said it´s all wrong and that i have to do lots of corrections...
    feeling better now :)
  24. Posted

Entertainment » Fashion

Corset question again! With pics though..

Started · Last post ·
    it seems like it´s a full corset, isn´t it? so you could probably wear it solo. but i can understand if you don´t want to do it, if you´re not really used to it, it feels a bit naked and i, for one have always doubts about the deep collar even i know people can´t see anything and anything will "fall" out (especially on me :D).
    maybe try it with a plain black neckholder top? though i would only suggest that when your corset don´t have normal straps. or you can wear just the corset and a shrug with short sleeves/half sleeves
  25. Posted

Community » Issues

Mooncup

Started · Last post ·
    i agree with pinkweeds! it sounds gross, sorry i can´t help.
    maybe it´s good for people who have allergic reactions from pads or tampons because of the bleach or are all eco or organic/whatever so they don´t want to use cotton that was bleached... i just want to throw that stuff away that comes out of me in not so nice condition ;) and by the thought i have to rinse and clean it, uaaahh! you can imagine i can´t understand people who sew themselves pads and wash them too, but that´s another story...
    if you only talk about the use i can imagine there´s a similar problem as with the nuva ring. the ring is made from plastic and you insert it, it gives you contraceptive hormons so you won´t get pregnant, BUT i know friends who had that and it constantly fell out because the ring isn´t shaped for all "sizes" and shapes of vaginas.
  26. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

How do the featured projects, blogs and crafty superstars get chosen?

Started · Last post ·
    i thought the featured projects are projects that got many faves in a short time or projects from "crafty superstars"
    and i agree with rawr.rawr, sometimes i´ve never seen the project before, but i´m on here every day and even check the first four sites to be (almost) sure i don´t miss a new project...
    i can understand that lots of the fearured projects are food, jewelry, plushies, altered clothes etc because many people like that/can be done easily, but i really enjoyed the "fully sewn" projects, like the anthropologie bag. and maybe they can change the feature "requirements" that even creation could be featured, there are a lot of awesome creations on here with no how-tos for whatever reasons, i think they also deserve a place somewhere :D
  27. Posted

Social » City Guides

Prohibited items through customs

Started · Last post ·
    i can bravely say that i sent kindereggs to the dear person who posted above me :D here in germany it´s the most common thing to have them, there´s even a sign on the package that you shouldn´t give them to children under age three so everything should be fine, they even reinvented the capsule for the toy to make it safer... i always thought it´s not allowed to sell them in usa, but it´s not allowed to send them too? felecity, you´re lucky you had no swat team in your living room! me too!! :D
    the most ridiculous thing in law is that you can go in jail for taking a stone or plant with you from a foreign country... i mean, it´s not okay to steal someones stones but jail??
  28. Posted

Home Sweet Home » Eco + Green

Foraging for Black Walnuts?

Started · Last post ·
    my boyfriends mother put them on a baking tray and leave them a few days near the chimney, my mother just let them dry in the kitchen, she said they are fine after a few days. she always tasted one and if they are still bitter she let them dry some more days.
  29. Posted

Home Sweet Home » Eco + Green

Foraging for Black Walnuts?

Started · Last post ·
    the mother of my boyfriend has a walnut tree in her garden. it´s best when you pick up the ones where the outer hull is rotten or really dark and wizen. it´s best you take some rubbergloves for hulling, with the outer hulls you can dye hair or fabric! after taking the outer hull let them dry on some newspaper and crack them directly after. the nut itself is damp and tends to molder in the hull. we tried to dry them in the oven, disk dryer, air but it didn´t work (the industry use brimstone to make them stable). after cracking spread the nuts and let them dry again, the skin of the fresh nut tastes bitter, but when they´re dried they taste like, well, walnuts :D crystallized with cinnamon and sugar they´re really great!
  30. Posted

Craft » Beauty

I hit my nose stud!!!

Started · Last post ·
    i don´t know how hard you hit yourself ;) but i think it doesn´t make a difference at all. it can happen to every piercing, old and new, that they start to irritate. i have it with some of my ear piercing i have for ages and when i slept on them in a wrong position they hurt and get sore for some days.
    when your piercing was fully healed it shouldn´t take long to recover from that accident.
    heather said it already, don´t clean it too much, maybe adjust the length of your stud to prevent growing granulation tissue if you´re affected by it.