- My awesome big sister
- Brocade fabric
- A crafty pen pal?
- I am a teen who wants to design high fashion, but have no reason to wear my creations! How do I let out this creative energy?
- Best sketchbooks?
- Dark Circles - anyone have solutions?
- Anyone know how to do this?
- Canvas thank you gifts...
- what's been your biggest DIY fail?
So yh I always make my own patterns just wanted a little guidance on the corset/top half. There is a pleated skirt.
I am going to make it out of maroon coloured satin and for the bust cups I am going to cut up shoulder pads, but that is the bit i am not not sure of. how do i measure it, and how do i attach it to my dress.
i will comment a picture of a similar style of dress.
any links to a tutorial online would be great.
I feel like the shoulder pads might look a bit odd as bust cups, if you've done it before and it looked good go for it, if not I would recommend getting some bust cups at Joanns (if you have a Joanns) or using an old bra. I think the bust cups come with directions xD Not sure. You could even get a pattern that had directions on putting in bust cups. And if I were you I would add boning to the dress...? If you were comfortable with doing that.
How to make a suede and leatherette deer & doe appliqué elbow patch