- Guitar Body Ideas
- Purl stitch. Doh! moment.
- Cameron Abney and Associates Blog Review Boiler Room Services, Inc. is a UL 508A Panel Shop
- hot air balloon fabric
- What how to would you like to see - plushies
- Newport International Group Corporate Travel: Best travel money-saving tips
- Newport International Group Corporate Travel: E-checks are handy, but are they a safe way to pay for travel?
- Newport International Group Corporate Travel: 9 tricks for coping with European airports
- Do i need boning for corset?
Started · Last post · Displaying all 7 Post
Okay so I've been searching everywhere. Trying to see if theres a way to make my denim skirt into shorts. I don't really like it as a skirt because it's kinda short. But I think they'll make beautiful shorts.
I've looked online, can't find any type of help and I figured; well this site helped me before, maybe it'll help me again.
So far, nope, no help xD
So can anyone else help me? I'd like shorts for spring/summer time!
It might be pretty difficult, and if you mess up it might completely ruin the skirt.
If your skirt has a zipper, use it as a guideline as to where you place the crotch seam. Find a pair of shorts or jeans that you're comfortable in, and see how far the crotch extends beyond the zipper. Then, you can cut up the middle of the front and the back, then sew each side together. After that, you'll have to sew up the crotch so you don't have a hole there.
I don't know if that seems too complicated, but if you want to lengthen the skirt, you can always add ruffles to the bottom of it pretty easily.
To be honest, I think the shorts will end up to small around the legs and sort of baggy at the top, because if you imagine shorts are made with seam allowance, especially around the crotch area, and i think with the skirt there's just not enough material.
Good luck though, tell us how it goes :)