Burns Night is a tradition here in Scotland where everyone gathers for a meal of haggis, neeps and tatties, while reciting poems by Robert Burns, wearing tartan and drinking whisky. To get you in the mood (wherever you are in the world), we've put together a little DIY guide of things to make and do.
- Cook up your own version of Jeannette's scotch whiskey oat cake.
- Dress up with a simple pleater skirt by Trudy.
- Chocolate lovers should try out some chocolate dipped shortbread from ChronicleBooks.
- Make a glam kilt pin like jiaying j.
- Read out some Robert Burns poems from your fabric poetry book by Gertie.
- Make your own plushie Loch Ness Monster like sharkcrow.
- Make an autumnal fascinator with Melanie G.
- Sew a scottie plushie with Dandy Lion.
- Bake some traditional Scottish tablet with Rona K.